Where do we come from?
The club is a community initiative of ‘Walk on Water Ocean Adventures’ (wow-surf.com) and the King’s Arms Church Camborne. During last year, wow-surf recognised a growing demand from the students and their parents of their afterschool surf clubs for family oriented, affordable Surf Sessions. , After an overwhelming response to our summer trial of low cost Saturday morning surf sessions we have now set up ‘The Kings Arms Surf Club’, run as a charity under ‘The Kings Arms Church’ umbrella as a Club open to all.
Where are we going?
The Kings Arms Surf Club is all about community. We want to use our resources to offer a club that not only offers high quality Surf Lessons, but also serves the local community by creating a safe and friendly atmosphere within the club itself for members to enjoy relationships, support and lots of social activities. The Club also intends to benefit wider than its members too by opening up opportunities for others in the area who do not have access to these things, chances to participate in some activities through organising transport, subsidising rates and partnering with other local initiatives.
The Club’s coaches are all qualified Beach Lifeguards and surfers who will offer their supervision, and instruction for free, mean that the membership fees are all directed toward basic running costs and the Club’s charitable aims.
What do you get?
- 30 Thursday afterschool Surf lessons per annum (£4 each) starting in April
- Monthly “Club night” activities
- Access to Surfing GB Junior Surfer scheme
- Access to Surf trips / camps / BBQ & other social events
- Eligibility for local surf comps & national competitions & interclub events
- Membership of Surfing GB inc £5 million personal liability insurance
- Discounts on surf equipment from national & local stores