A place where you can explore why you’re here & ask all of your questions
The Alpha course has helped millions of people to explore the meaning of life and is completely free.
I’ve seen Alpha touch so many people over the years. I’ve seen it encourage people to find a very simple faith.
What People Say About Alpha
Doing an Alpha Course is challenging and serious fun, even if you’re a dyed-in-the-wool atheist like me.
I felt like this was going to be a place where I could ask questions and not feel afraid about asking them.
We had everything we wanted but there was something missing. I had a lot of questions and I decided Alpha was the way to answer them.
Everyone was very relaxed and it was very free from pressure. It completely opened my eyes.
We were so suspicious that we sat in the car watching people going in to Alpha. To our astonishment they looked normal It was great to ask questions that I’d probably carried with me for years without having to worry about sounding stupid or shocking, or about seeming not very knowledgeable or extremely naughty or any of these things.
Alpha is fantastic because it explains it so simply and you go, “Wow, why didn’t I think of that?
Alpha course feedback
Here’s the latest feedback we had from people who’ve recently done the course:
- 15% of people found new purpose in life.
- 41% of participants experienced more peace in their lives.
- 27% came out of the course feeling more loved
- 62% made new friends on the course
- 27% discovered a connection with God they didn’t have beforehand.
Nobody Can Give You the Answers
You’ve probably stumbled onto our page because you want more from life. It goes without saying, but finding answers is a process which is different for each of us. Nobody can tell you the answers nor would you want them to. YOU need to find them, test them, see if you feel comfortable with them.
An Average Night on an Alpha course
It’s 100% free and you don’t need to RSVP, so you just turn up on the night.
- The course lasts 8-10 weeks.
- Each session starts with refreshments or a meal to get to know others in the small group.
- There is then a short talk discussing different aspects of what Jesus taught.
- You then break up into a small discussion group where you can talk about anything you want. Everyone is able to share ANY thoughts and opinions that they want to.
- It’s a relaxed vibe to encourage exploration and discovery in an informal environment.
The Content of the Alpha course
- Week 1 Who is Jesus?
- Week 2 Why did Jesus Die?
- Week 3 How can we have Faith?
- Week 4 Why and how do I Pray?
- Week 5 Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Week 6 How does God Guide us?
- Week 7 Who is the Holy Spirit
- Week 8 How can I Resist Evil?
- Week 10 What about the Church?
Is Alpha for Me?
The Alpha course is completely free and is for everyone – regardless of age, class, language, or belief. You don’t need to book, just turn up on the night.
It’s free? What’s the catch?
No catch. The course is a fun, relaxed experience. It gives you the opportunity to hear informative talks, share your questions in a safe environment and share thoughts with interesting people.